Arrival in Cape Town
Are you curious to know more about your first day at our Cape Town English school? Look no further! From airport transfers to orientation, Ailola Cape Town has all you need for a smooth arrival to the city and an unforgettable first day at our English school.
Prepare your trip
After more than 15 years in the business, our team knows exactly how to make your arrival to our Cape Town English school as carefree and easy as possible. Here's how we get started:
- Pre-arrival contact: The decision to travel thousands of miles away for an English course is a big one! We want to make sure you have all your questions answered. We encourage students to read through our Q&A section and also reach out to us with any other doubts or queries they may have. We mainly correspond with students via e-mail, promising fast response times.
- Placement test: For the best outcomes with the English language, you simply must be enrolled in an English course at the most appropriate language level! That's why we'll send you an online placement test as soon as you sign up for one of courses. And just to be certain, we'll also carry out a 10 minute oral test with you on your first day.
Learn more about our English school in Cape Town!
How to get to your accommodation
There are a number of ways you can get from Cape Town International Airport into the city, including:
- Ailola Cape Town airport transfer: We strongly recommend students consider our airport transfer option to get from Cape Town International Airport to their accommodation. Cape Town has a chronic problem with illegal taxi operators. Our transfer offers you safety, peace of mind, and no need to haggle or deal with unfair, arbitrary prices.
- MyCiti Bus: Cape Town's MyCiti bus service can take you into the city center from Cape Town International Airport. Once you have purchased and loaded your myconnect card, you'll travel into the city center. From there, students can take a taxi to Sea Point (around 10 minutes) or to their accommodation if you're staying in a different part of the city.
- Metered taxis: Ailola Cape Town strongly advises against taxi transport from the Cape Town International Airport. However, if you so wish, we suggest you seek out an accredited taxi service. Staff at the airport's information bay can help you.
Wanting to travel around South Africa? Click here to find out how!
Your First Day
Next step? Your first day at our Cape Town English school. Here's how we do it:
- Welcome pack: Some people like it in writing! Upon arrival to our Cape Town English school, we'll provide you with all the information you need for a superb stay, including maps, brochures, emergency contact details and more.
- Orientation: Our orientation is early on your first day. We ask all students to arrive to the 5th floor of the Equinox building in Sea Point, the location of our school, by 8am. We'll have a 30 minute orientation about our facilities, Cape Town, accommodation, activities and more. We'll then carry out a quick oral test before getting straight into classes.
- English course starts: Our courses begin just as Cape Town's lovely morning sea breeze sets in: at 9am. All courses begin on Mondays. However, while we always recommend Mondays, we can adapt our calendar for private course students wishing to start on another day of the week.
Get ahead of yourself with some pre-arrival English language resources and tips!
Your stay in Cape Town
As they say – the rest is history! We're confident you're going to love Cape Town. Find out what former students have to say, and read on to learn about some important elements of your stay in Cape Town.
- 24-hour hotline: Once you've settled in, you'll quickly see how easy it is to live in Cape Town. That said, we're just a phone call away with our 24-hour student hotline for support with anything you might need!
- Full-time student support: For all school, course and non-emergency help, our full-time student coordinator is on hand during business hours to guide you in the right direction. Learn more about our team!
- After school activities: We've got a whole lot of fun lined up for you in Cape Town. Our busy schedule of afterschool activities and excursions will show you the best of the city and surrounding areas. We'll also set you up with a student card for discounts across Cape Town.
Still uncertain about an English-language adventure to South Africa? Discover 10 reasons to study at Ailola Cape Town!