From free online resources for language learning to local press and media outlets, discover South Africa through the English language!
Free Spanish Language Resources on Cape Town
Free Language Resources on South African English
- about.com – the website for everything, about.com, offers a guide to South African English.
- Oxford English Dictionary – for a historical, linguistic take on South African English, trust the experts.
- Dialect Blog – Learn the difference between the world 3 top rugby nations' use of English.
- Cultural Survival – Discover how Apartheid impacted language use in South Africa.
Free English Language Tips
- Learn English Today – for free online language drills.
- BBC – the UK's public broadcaster offers free English tips and resources.
- Afritoons – free daily political cartoons on the Afritoons Facebook page.
Media covering South Africa
- Mail & Guardian online – for news from one of South Africa's leading national print publications.
- Time Live – investigation, interviews and more from the online version of The Times.
- Chimurenga – described by CNN as South Africa's The New Yorker, Chimurenga is an outspoken multi-genre publication that focuses on realities the other big players ignore.
- Big Issue – for a fascinating insight into South African culture, support the country's Big Issue publication which hires homeless and marginalized people as vendors.
- News24 – breaking nationwide news from News24.